New Mexico State Judiciary Job Opening
Back to Job Opportunities Page
Administrative Office of the Courts
Business Unit: 24100
Pretrial Services Officer 1 #00046183-24100, Full-time, Perm in Aztec, NM
# of Positions: 1
Opening Date: 09-30-2020 -
Job Pay Range: $17.407 - $28.287 per hour
Target Pay Range/Rate: $20.671 per hour
The Eleventh Judicial District Court and Magistrate Courts in Aztec, NM are recruiting for a full-time, classified, Pretrial Services Officer 1 position #00046183-24100 for the Pretrial Services Division. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under close supervision assist with criminal background investigations on persons arrested and charged with criminal offenses prior to adjudication; implement release and case management plans for defendants; supervise a defendant’s compliance with court ordered programs and conditions of release. May perform as a judicial designee in formulating appropriate recommendations for release, sanctions, and detention. This is an entry-level job classification. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
• The Pretrial Services Officer 1 is responsible for implementing release and case management plans and investigations for those charged with criminal offenses.
• Supervises a defendant’s compliance with court ordered programs and conditions of release.
• Conducts brief intake interviews with newly referred defendants.
• Documents each defendant’s needs for community support services.
• Contacts references to verify information provided by defendants regarding employment, home, work, and school status.
• Provides recommendations for appropriate treatment support and referrals.
• Participates in scheduled case staffing.
• Monitors defendant’s compliance with court ordered conditions of release and community provider program requirements.
• Documents, reports and notifies the court of a defendant’s non-compliance or program violations and recommend appropriate action.
• Tracks Pretrial Services referrals at felony arraignments.
• Documents and maintains case files that illustrate interactions with defendants, treatment providers, community-based case managers, attorneys, employers and family members.
• Attends and participates in meetings with court staff and other treatment providers.
• Monitors defendant’s compliance utilizing electronic monitoring technology.
• Maintains alcohol and drug screening equipment and supplies.
• Performs scheduled and spontaneous site visits to participant’s home, school, work or other locations to monitor program compliance.
• May perform as a judicial designee in formulating appropriate recommendations for release, sanctions, and detention.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate their knowledge of court ordered programs; case management techniques; pre-adjudication supervision procedures and sanctions; rules and statutes governing bond/bail and release from detention; formulating appropriate release plans; treatment, rehabilitation and support programs, options and community providers; sentencing guidelines; governmental court rules, policies and procedures, operations, structure, forms; NM law, civil and criminal procedure; legal terminology; substance abuse and mental health symptomology, counseling and treatment; physical and psychotropic medication; mediation techniques; investigative techniques using governmental investigative resources; drug screening methods and equipment; protocol, interpretation, and technology; and electronic monitoring equipment and technology.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed *
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
● What are your benefits worth? Click here to find out
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, social sciences or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Education Substitution: Associate’s Degree in criminal justice, social sciences or a related field, plus two (2) additional years of relevant experience.
Experience: One (1) year experience in criminal justice, social services, probation, corrections or a related field.
Experience Substitution: None.
Other: Must obtain and maintain National Crime Information Center (NCIC) certification within six (6) months of hire.
Submit a Judicial Branch Application for Employment, or a Resume with a Resume Supplemental form by fax, email, mail or in person, no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, October 30, 2020 to:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Resume Supplemental Forms:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Eleventh Judicial District & Magistrate Courts
103 S Oliver Drive
Aztec, NM 87410
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER