New Mexico State Judiciary Job Opening
Back to Job Opportunities Page
Administrative Office of the Courts
Business Unit: 23800
Human Resources Administrator Senior #10111000-23800, PERM, Full-time, Taos, NM
# of Positions: 1
Opening Date: 10-20-2020 -
Job Pay Range: JJ: $22.313 - $36.258 per hour
Target Pay Range/Rate: $22.313 - $25.101 per hour
The Eighth Judicial District Court is recruiting for a full-time, classified Human Resources Administrator Senior position #10111000-23800 in Taos, New Mexico. Due to budgetary constraints the salary for this position will not be outside of the target pay range of $22.313- $25.101. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general direction provide professional human resources services for an assigned judicial entity of the New Mexico Judicial Branch. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background check.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
● The Human Resource Administrator Senior is responsible for working with assigned human resources directors, managers, and staff to ensure that standards, rules and procedures, as well as state and federal laws are consistently followed.
● Prepares and reviews requests for position reclassifications and creates reclassification documents.
● Prepares monthly statistical reports, management reports, budget reports and makes recommendations for approval or disapproval.
● Analyzes job duties, organizational structures, and determines appropriate course of action.
● Provides guidance and accurate information regarding progressive discipline and assist managers and supervisors in analyzing a problem and identifying best course of disciplinary action.
● Review and make recommendations for approval of completed human resources documents for final approvals.
● Develops and prepare reports as requested by upper management and assists in evaluating the information in relation to established goals.
● Processes and audits payroll, maintains current knowledge of benefits, and explains and administers benefits to employees.
● Coordinates the resolution of specific problems pertaining to policies, procedures, or inquiries.
● Processes and enters various approved human resources transactions utilizing automated human resources system.
● Provides direction, assistance, and follow-ups on inquiries from justices, judges, managers, supervisors and employees regarding human resources.
● Reviews recommendations for approvals and analyzes requests for monetary compensation (out of cycles) and makes appropriate recommendations for action in accordance with rules, policies, and procedures.
● Assists in investigating employee complaints or grievances.
● Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the human resources division and the services provided.
● Develops and implements employee salary reviews, questionnaires, and surveys.
● Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge of human resources administration practices, principles and techniques; performance management; payroll and benefit administration; recruitment and selection techniques; employment law; knowledge of Human Resources and labor relations including FMLA, FLSA, Workers’ Compensation, and the ADA.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
● What are your benefits worth? Click here to find out
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, Judicial Administration, Public Administration, English, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
Education Substitution: Four (4) years’ of directly related or relevant experience may substitute on a year for year basis.
Experience: Four (4) years’ of experience in human resources administration, management or organizational development; employee relations; employment law; classification; compensation; employee recruitment and retention; personnel related training; HR analytics; performance appraisal management or development; policy or rule development; and/or payroll and benefits.
Experience Substitution: Current Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification may count for one (1) year of work experience or relevant graduate level education may substitute for up to two (2) years’ experience at a rate of thirty (30) semester hours’ equals one (1) year of experience.
Submit a New Mexico Judicial Branch Application for Employment or a Resume and a Resume Supplemental form and proof of education to:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Resume Supplemental Forms:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Eighth Judicial District Court
Attn: Pam Nay
105 Albright Street, Suite N
Applications may be mailed, emailed or faxed to the above.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER