The New Mexico Supreme Court is accepting applications for a full-time, classified, Custodial Night Watchman position #00000304-21600 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The schedule is Wednesday through Sunday 4 pm to 11 pm with Monday and Tuesday off. SUMMARY: Under authority of the New Mexico Supreme Court Building Commission, preserve and maintain the Supreme Court Building grounds and the Supreme Court building, which is listed on the registry of historic buildings. Under supervision, clean offices, judges’ chambers, courtrooms, bathrooms and common areas, in addition to serving as the Night Watchman for assigned area and assist in providing security for building. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
● The Custodial Night Watchman is responsible for cleaning offices, judge’s chambers, courtrooms, bathrooms, and common areas.
● Vacuums carpets, mops floors, dusts and polishes furniture and or equipment.
● Empties trashcans and replace liners.
● Cleans baseboards, windows, mirrors, blinds, doors, sinks, toilets, etc.
● Replaces toilet paper, paper towels, seat covers and soap.
● Washes pitchers, cups, and glasses.
● Reports any incidents or observations to supervisor.
● Assists in providing security for building.
● Makes rounds of building every hour to check for locked doors and windows.
● Checks for leaking pipes and mechanical systems malfunction.
● Operates commercial and/or heavy equipment.
● Assists with fire/sprinkler and alarm systems, elevator; and
● Removes snow and or debris.
● Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge of cleaning equipment and tools and their hazards and multi-purpose cleaners. Knowledge of the nature of historic buildings. Capable of reading and interpreting Material Safety Data Sheet and other warning and product labels.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office, court setting, or in outside elements. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices. The employee is frequently required to reach forward with hands and arms; lift, carry and/or move furniture and equipment, push or pull up to 25 pounds, perform repetitious hand, arm or finger motions, and regularly sit, stand, walk, or kneel. The candidate may be expected to climb a ladder, crawl on the floor, work in confined spaces, and become exposed to inclement weather, fluctuating building temperatures, loud noises, and toxic/noxious fumes associated with hazardous materials. * This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*