New Mexico State Judiciary Job Opening
Back to Job Opportunities Page
Administrative Office of the Courts
Business Unit: 23600
Financial Supervisor #00054421-23600, Full-time, Perm in Silver City, NM
# of Positions: 1
Opening Date: 12-07-2020 -
Job Pay Range: $22.313 - $36.258 per hour
Target Pay Range/Rate: $27.060 per hour
The Sixth Judicial District Court is recruiting for a full-time classified Financial Supervisor position in Silver City, NM. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general direction prepare, review, correct, audit and approve various accounting documents and financial records to ensure proper usage of budget, funds and expenditures. Finalist(s) will be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• The Financial Supervisor is responsible for performing a full range of accounting and fund management functions; ensuring compliance with state accounting guidelines and provide information to external auditors. Will act as Chief Financial Officer.
• Trains, supervises, mentors, evaluates and motivates a professional financial staff of two or more.
• Prepares, develops and implements budgets, payroll functions and/or benefit administration.
• Maintains general ledger and reconciles monthly reports and judicial entity cash and bank accounts.
• Prepares and submits claims for reimbursement on grants, contracts, and intergovernmental agreements.
• Oversees or prepares payments, journal vouchers, and operating transfers.
• Pays invoices and interacts with vendors.
• Requests refunds of filing fees or other fees as ordered by the court and collects Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) owed to the court.
• Manages and assists with various grants and monitoring expenditures and revenue while ensuring compliance with grant conditions.
• Deposits, enters, and reconciles suspense and overpayments to the Department of Finance and Administration (DFA).
• Reconciles and processes third party credit card payments and E-Payment Deposits for courts statewide.
• Reviews cash and surety bonds on a monthly basis, maintains collateral for surety and transfers bonds to other jurisdictions for out-of-county cash bond payments and for Grand Jury indictments.
• Oversees recordings of warrants and initiates warrant cancellations.
• Prepares for and participates in the annual external audit.
• Assists with reconciliation of financial reports.
• Manages refund/suspense fund and processes jury/witness fees.
• Oversees or prepares deposit report and monies to State Treasurer’s Office (STO).
• Trains court personnel in financial processes and functions.
• Tracks, records and reports capital inventory and fixed assets.
• Provides consultation, training, resources and professional support to judges, court managers and staff statewide.
• Prepares, develops and implements budgets and monitors payroll and benefit expenditures.
• Initiates or conducts Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and may make recommendations or purchase goods/services based on RFQ.
• Maintains litigant trust accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge of supervisory techniques; financial accounting and case management systems; accounts payable and receivable; general ledger accounting system; Governmental Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Governmental Accounting Standards Board pronouncements (GASB); fraud control practices and procedures; New Mexico Judicial Branch Rules; internal and external audit procedures; trust accounts; federal, state and local rules and regulations pertaining to grants; and legislative and budgeting processes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver’s license and travel are required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*
Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a directly related field.
Education Substitution: Two (2) years’ of directly related or relevant experience may substitute on a year for year basis.
Experience: Four (4) years’ of experience utilizing Governmental Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in cash receipting and control, general ledger maintenance and financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable, and two (2) years’ of supervisory experience.
Experience Substitution: Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a directly related field may substitute for up to one (1) year of experience. Additional relevant education at the Master’s degree level (thirty (30) semester hours’ equals one (1) year of experience) or Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Public Financial Officer (CPFO) certification may substitute for one (1) year of experience. Education and/or certification may not substitute for supervisory experience.
Submit a New Mexico Judicial Branch Application for Employment, or a Resume and a Resume Supplemental form, proof of education, by 4:00 pm Friday, January 22, 2020 to:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Resume Supplemental Forms:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Sixth Judicial District Court
Attn: Melissa Frost
Mailing Address: PO Box 2339, Silver City, NM 88062
Physical Address: Grant County Courthouse, 201 N. Cooper Street, 1st Floor, Silver City, NM 88061
Proof of education is required.
Faxed or e-mailed Applications or Resume and Resume Supplemental Forms will be rejected.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER