The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court is recruiting for a full-time, classified, Human Resource Administrator position #00000844-24400 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general supervision analyze and administer human resources actions, employee payroll and benefits, recruitment and human resources data entry. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
Essential Tasks: Under direct supervision, assists in administering general human resources actions, employee payroll, recruitment and human resources data entry. Process and audit payroll and distribution; assist with employee benefits administration and explain benefits to employees, and serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Process and enter approved human resources transactions utilizing a computerized human resource management system. Coordinate recruitment efforts and job postings; review applications, evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s qualifications; schedule interviews, participate in the interviews process, check candidate references, complete background checks. Provide assistance and follow-up on inquiries from judges, managers, supervisors and employees regarding human resources (NM Judicial Branch Personnel Rules and NM Judicial Branch Personnel Rules for At-Will Employees, federal and state rules, regulations, recruitment practices, interviewing procedures, safety practices, classification and compensation, local court administrative regulations, policies and procedures); develop and maintain effective working relationships with other judicial entities. Have the ability to get along with others and to work under stress. Keep matters confidential and maintain a professional demeanor. Provide a high level of customer service. May perform other duties as assigned. A more comprehensive job description may be viewed at www.metrocourt.state.nm.us or may be obtained in the Human Resource office of the Metropolitan Court.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
● The Human Resource Administrator is responsible for preparing and completing human resources documents for supervisor or Administrative Authority approval.
● Reviews, processes, and audits payroll and maintains current knowledge of benefits, and explains and administers benefits to employees.
● Processes and enters various approved human resources transactions utilizing automated human resources management system.
● Coordinates recruitment efforts and job postings, reviews applications, evaluates applicant skills and makes recommendations regarding their qualifications.
● Schedules interviews, participates on interview panels, and conducts background verifications and candidate reference checks.
● Provides assistance and follow-ups on inquiries from justices, judges, managers, supervisors and employees regarding human resources.
● Prepares and reviews requests for position reclassifications and creates reclassification documents.
● Analyzes job duties, organizational structures, and makes a determination of best job classification.
● Reviews and analyzes requests for monetary compensation (out of cycle) and makes appropriate recommendations for action in accordance with rules, policies, and procedures.
● Provides guidance and accurate information regarding progressive discipline and assist managers and supervisors in analyzing a problem and identifying best course of disciplinary action.
● Drafts disciplinary actions for review.
● Presents training programs.
● Maintains filings systems and archives personnel files.
● Prepares budget forms and makes recommendations for approval or disapproval.
● Assists in investigating employee complaints or grievances.
● Recommends operating policy and procedural improvements.
● May serve on local and statewide committees.
● Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate a broad knowledge of human resources administration practices, principles and techniques, performance management, payroll processing, benefit administration, recruitment, interviewing and selection techniques, unemployment; records management, employment law (i.e., Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Workers= Compensation) , labor relations, retirement plans, classification and compensation administration, auditing and reconciliation procedures, and training techniques.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*