New Mexico State Judiciary Job Opening
Back to Job Opportunities Page
Administrative Office of the Courts
Business Unit: 24400
Software Development Manager #00027978-24400, Full-time, Perm in Albuquerque, NM
# of Positions: 1
Opening Date: 01-11-2021 -
Job Pay Range: $33.152 - $41.440 per hour
Target Pay Range/Rate: $41.440 per hour
The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court is recruiting for a full-time, classified, Software Development Manager position #00027978-24400 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general direction, manage the operations of the Applications Development Team and supervise two or more information technology (IT) professional staff. Ensure automated business processes are maintained and enhanced. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• The Software Development Manager is responsible for directing the staff in activities related to the overall management of projects while determining or developing systems architecture.
• Works with management to identify strategic planning initiatives, assists in developing annual IT plan and implementing IT directives.
• Coordinates work efforts of the Applications Development Team with other IT groups to successfully bring new judicial entity applications and enhancements into production.
• Develops test plans and employs appropriate quality control methods.
• Works with end users to determine system requirements for new applications.
• Responds to end users when problems arise with judicial entity data and determines nature of problem to correct database.
• Creates specialized reports, queries and databases.
• Demonstrates new and modified applications to end users
• Evaluates feedback to determine necessary reworking of the prototype(s).
• Monitors and maintains system security and evaluates emerging technologies.
• Conducts budget analysis and preparation.
• Adds or deactivates users to/from server and case management system.
• Determines training needs for staff and implement professional development programs.
• Participates in recruitment and selection of new employees.
• Meets with Applications Development Team and management to discuss current issues and projects and resolve issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge of management principles and practices; supervisory and management techniques; employee coaching and performance evaluations; hiring, training, discipline and termination; software development lifecycle; database structure, table layouts, design and structure; IT trends, techniques and emerging technologies; project reporting and tracking methods and techniques; application development requirements and environments; programming languages and operating systems; integrated development environment software; IT development standards; capabilities and capacity of computer equipment and applications; administration and customer support best practices; troubleshooting techniques; and business and system integration analysis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*
Education: Bachelors’ degree in business administration or management, project management, computer science, IT related engineering or other related field.
Education Substitution: Four (4) years relevant experience, and/or a combination of relevant experience and technical education will substitute for education on a year for year basis.
Experience: Five (5) years of general IT experience. The following specific concurrent experience must be included within the general experience requirements: • three (3) years of technical experience including but not limited to technical project management, systems analysis and application development; • two (2) years supervision.
Experience Substitution: Additional relevant education at the Master’s Degree level may substitute for experience at a rate of 30 semester hours equals one (1) year of experience. Education may not be substituted for the specific experience required.
Submit a New Mexico Judicial Branch Application for Employment or a Resume and a Resume Supplemental form and proof of education to address below:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Resume Supplemental Forms:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Human Resource Division
401 Lomas NW
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102
Telephone: (505) 841-9819
Fax No: (505) 222-4823
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER