The Administrative Office of the Court is recruiting for a full-time, classified, AOC Pretrial Data Analyst position #10112900-21800 to work from one of the possible locations Bernalillo, Santa Fe, San Juan, Sandoval, Dona Ana, Hidalgo, Luna and Grant County New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general direction, the AOC Pretrial Data Analyst is responsible for data collection, compilation, design, analysis, reporting and maintenance of statistical information for Administrative Office of the Court (AOC) pretrial programs and pretrial activities among the district, metropolitan, and magistrate courts. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background check.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
• The AOC Pretrial Data Analyst is responsible for developing and implementing techniques to collect and analyze data and identify patterns,data correlation and forecasting utilizing reporting software and analytical and statistical methods.
• Maintains and prepares statistical reporting regarding general and specific pretrial services program initiatives and practices.
• Establishes and prepares statistical data reporting and pretrial performance outcomes.
• Assists in the development of pretrial sites, data collection practices and procedures and implementation of pretrial practices ranging from early release to pretrial supervision.
• Assist in establishing standards for data collection, data input practices in local sites enhancing reporting pretrial outcome performance for court appearance and public safety.
• Integrates information systems between groups and users including judges, court administration and other stakeholders.
• Maintains inter-agency cooperation, communication, supports and develops working relationships with associated parties, stakeholders, and community coalitions.
•Develops presentations, charts, tables, reports and documentation and integrates statistical data and analysis of key measures with justice partners and related entities such as social services, problem solving courts,and mental health providers.
• Presents and reports statistical data to the public, stakeholders, legislators, and other state agencies as needed.
• Works closely with criminal justice partners, courts, and AOC staff to identify trends,issues,and developments within the criminal justice system with an impact on pretrial services data collection.
• Develops and monitors research, data, and/or validation analysis projects and studies with contracted research teams.
• Ensures record keeping is accurate and up to date while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate their knowledge of statistical analysis and design of pretrial program planning and reporting, tracking methods,quality control and quality assurance principles and software, database technology; pretrial practice, pretrial practice implementation; national trends in pretrial justice reform; essential elements of a high functioning pretrial justice system; risk bases assessment, data collection and analysis and providing detailed reports to the court including data and information on release, detention, sentencing; recognizing patterns and data correlation, knowledge of the Public Safety Assessment, risk-based pretrial supervision,interventions, standard data reporting and pretrial performance outcomes; budget management;
grant procedures and writing; program reporting; state procurement rules; governmental and civic legislative processes; court’s organization; New Mexico Civil Court System; criminal and juvenile justice; rules and standards for both pretrial and post-conviction populations; specialty courts; criminal statutes, rules, procedures; court procedures; New Mexico Criminal Justice Information System; basic contract law; HIPAA requirements; drug test procedures; surveillance systems media relations; crisis and critical incident management; computerized data collection, compilation and entry techniques.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed *
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs,
employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*