The Eighth Judicial District Court is recruiting for a full-time classified Court Services Specialist #00033540-23800 in Taos, New Mexico. Due to budgetary constraints, the salary for this position will not be outside of the target pay range of $15.525-$17.659. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general supervision perform a variety of court security duties, as well as, administrative and clerical duties, provide technical and courtroom assistance, and work with inventory and equipment. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background check.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• The Court Services Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating project and security activities, and office functions.
• Prepares, drafts, proofreads, edits, and disseminates documents and correspondence including pleadings.
• Dockets and enters case data and processes into the case management system.
• Maintains a docket or calendar and prepares reports, mail, fax, or documents such as notices, motions, opinions, orders, records, pleadings, memorandum in opposition, and case materials.
• Provides meeting support including setting up information technology / audio / visual equipment, troubleshooting problems, and coordinating location.
• Ensures accurate court fees are paid and recorded and ensures daily cash receipts are balanced and reconciled.
• Receipts monies track expenditures, prepare bank deposits, and file receipt of fees in appropriate case files.
• Provides public case information to parties, attorneys, law enforcement agencies, and other outside agencies.
• Operates security and/or metal detecting equipment at entrance to courthouse or courtroom.
• Inspects people and packages entering and leaving the building.
• Gives instructions to customers related to public access terminals, microfiche, reader machines, the website, and general information to pro se litigants without giving legal advice.
• Serves as information systems site coordinator or back up to site coordinator and provide technical support.
• Provides information, feedback, and input to internal and external parties.
• Operates and troubleshoots electronics such as television, video, projector, and audio equipment.
• Serve as a court monitor, and provide courtroom assistance.
• Assists with inventory and coordinates and assists with records management.
• Provide jury support and assist with jury management.
• May travel to other court locations to provide court services.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge of general office functions, cash handling procedures; project management techniques; data collection methods; research methodology; general organizational structure of the judiciary; court monitoring procedures and equipment; and knowledge of Specialty Court Programs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
● What are your benefits worth? Click here to find out
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*