The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court is recruiting for a full-time, TERM, Probation Officer II #10111013-24400 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general supervision monitor the defendant’s or offender’s participation in complex court mandated programs and compliance with his/her court order. Under supervision investigate defendants’ educational, family, criminal, employment and social background and/or previous treatment compliance. Assess and determine the risks and needs of defendants for treatment. Review police and court reports. Analyze, verify, justify and report treatment and sentencing recommendations to the court. Develop, interpret and implement supervision plan for defendant. Monitor defendants’ compliance with sentencing and conditions of probation. Recommend counseling when appropriate. Schedule hearings and notify parties involved. Appear in court to present information in pre-sentencing report. Inform and subpoena witnesses. Provide advice and recommendations to attorneys. Keep the Court apprised of defendants’ status. Maintain, secure, manage, and update essential and relevant documents in case files. Compile monthly statistical files. Have the ability to get along with others and to work under stress. May perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the operational needs of the Court. Currently, this position is funded through June 30, 2021. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background check.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
● The Court Probation Officer 2 is responsible for conducting investigations on defendants/offenders, establish needs, and develop an appropriate treatment support plan.
● Participates in scheduled progress meetings at court appointed locations.
● Monitors defendants/offenders compliance at court hearings and with community service program requirements and tracks and records community service participation.
● Reports, documents and notifies court of defendants/offenders compliance, non-compliance or program violations and recommends appropriate action.
● Maintains current case files, and documents all interaction with program defendants/offenders and treatment providers in the case management system.
● Performs scheduled and unannounced site visits (home, work, school or other location) to monitor program compliance.
● Monitors program compliance utilizing electronic monitoring technology.
● Tracks and administers drug and alcohol screens and maintains alcohol and drug screening protocols, equipment and supplies.
● Participates and attends conferences, trainings, community outreach and educational programs related to court programs.
● Prepares written and oral reports detailing defendants/offenders program compliance and makes recommendations on future treatment support, or referrals.
● Provides input during court proceedings, meetings with court staff and other treatment providers.
● Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge of court-ordered rehabilitation or support programs, sentencing guidelines, treatment options and community services available; New Mexico law, civil and criminal procedure; local court rules, policies and procedures, operations and structure; case management; legal terminology; substance abuse and mental health counseling and treatment; mediation techniques and conflict resolution; investigative techniques; drug screening methods; electronic monitoring equipment and technology; and court case management system.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges
*This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed*
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs,
employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*