The Second Judicial District Court is recruiting for a full-time, classified, Support Services Manager #00000442-23200 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general direction, supervise and manage the work of purchasing, support services fixed assets and inventory control. The schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• The Support Services Manager is responsible for managing the purchasing and facility operations.
• Develops, implements and oversees procurement policies
• Prepares RFPs, processes bids and proposals, and monitors and develops contracts.
• Participates in selection of professional services contract vendors.
• Approves furniture, supplies, office and maintenance equipment purchases and contractual services.
• Oversees fixed assets, troubleshoots equipment, coordinates and schedules furniture and equipment moves.
• Maintains supply inventory control.
• Organizes registration, travel plans, subscriptions and performs cost benefit analysis.
• Reviews purchase documents, procurement card requests and modification of purchase orders.
• Acts as back up to facility manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate their knowledge of supervisory techniques; computer software including financial systems, GAAP; GASB; audit rules; budgeting rules and regulations; inventory control, fiscal/financial, fixed asset software programs; monitoring vendor performance by utilizing quality control and price comparisons; solicit bids, proposals and explain bid procedures; compute straight line depreciation and the methodology for capital outlay; building, audio/visual, fire, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security systems and general contracting; telecommunications networks; Americans with Disabilities Act; Public Records Act; OSHA; city, county and state building codes; Public Information Act.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed *
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*